Part 2 of the compilation of 500 Geography questions asked in SSC CGL exam. Previous years' Geography questions of SSC CGL exam
As we all know how important role previous years' questions play when it comes to SSC exams. So our team 'The GKAdda247" has compiled the questions of GK GS section of SSC CGL exam.
Take a look and do check out other posts as well. Each post has been prepared by the experts of the "GKAdda247" keeping in mind the pattern of the exam.
This is part 1 of the compilation.The links of part 2 and part 3 are at the bottom of the page.
◼️Part 2 of the compilation of 500 Geography questions asked in SSC CGL exam.
💯Click here for the PART 1
31. A plant known only in cultivation having arisen under domestication is referred to as: (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) Scion (b) Cultigen
32. The iron and steel plant in Bihar is at: (SSC CGL 2012)
(d) Vijay Nagar
33. The state which has registered the highest population growth rate according to 2001 census is: (SSC CGL 2012)
(b) Uttar Pradesh
34. Earth is a very big magnet. In which direction does it magnetic field extend? (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) west to east
(b) north to south
(c) south to north
(d) east to west
35. The most densely populated state in India is: (SSC CGL 2012)
(b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) West Bengal
(d) Tamil nadu
36. The biggest planet in the solar system is: (SSC CGL 2012)
37. Peninsular India has the following zonal soil types: (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) Red and yellow soil
(b) Forest soil
(c) Saline soil
(d) Alluvial soil
38. The land between two rivers is called (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) Natural Levees
(b) Alluvial Cones
(c) Braided Stream
39. Which year is called as the 'Demographic divide' ? (SSC CGL 2012)
40. Which country has a high density of population? (SSC CGL 2012)
41. The iron and steel plant in Chhattisgarh is at (SSC CGL 2012)
42. The leading sesame producing country in the world is (SSC CGL 2012)
43. Which one of the following is not correctly matched? (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) Darjeeling - West Bengal
(b) Mount Abu - Rajasthan
(c) Kodaikanal - Tamil Nadu
(d) Simla - Uttar Pradesh
44. The earth is at its maximum distance from the Sun on (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) January 30th
(b) December 22nd
(c) September 22nd
(d) July 4th
45. Consider the following pairs: (SSC CGL 2012)
Tributary Main River
1. Chambal : Yamuna
2. Sone : Narmada
3. Manas : Brahmputra
Which one of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 3 only
46. The total population divided by available arable land area is referred to as (SSC CGL 2012)
(a) Population density
(b) Nutritional density
(c) Agricultural density
(d) Industrial density
47. The eastward continuation of the Brazil current is called : (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) North Atlantic drift
(b) South Atlantic drift
(c) Counter Equatorial drift
(d) West Atlantic drift
48. Ice glacier's melting is a common phenomenon linked to the rise in a seawater level. The glaciers are predominantly present in (SSC CGL 2013)
49. Which hill station is called as the 'Queen of the Satpuras' (SSC CGL 2013)
50. Which national highway connects Delhi and Kolkata via Mathura and Varanasi? (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) NH 4
(b) NH 2
(c) NH 10
(d) NH 6
51. The country where drip irrigation is more efficiently used is (SSC CGL 2013)
(c) Sri Lanka
52. Which river in India flows in a rift-valley? (SSC CGL 2013)
53. A narrow strip of land that connects two larger land masses is called (SSC CGL 2013)
54. Maps on large scale, representing both natural and man-made features are called (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) Thematic maps
(b) Atlas maps
(c) Wall maps
(d) Topographic maps
55. The angle between the magnetic meridian and the geographical meridian at a place is (SSC CGL 2013)
56. An irrigation project is categorized as a major project if it covers a cultivable command area of (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) less than 2,000 hectares
(b) 2,000 to 10,000 hectares
(c) above 10,000 hectares
(d) all the above
57. The programme of 'Operation Flood' was concentrated on (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) increasing irrigation facilities.
(b) flood control.
(c) increasing the milk production.
(d) increase the flood grains production.
58. According to Ferrel's law (Coriolis Force) winds change their direction (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) Towards left in Northern hemisphere and towards right in Southern hemisphere.
(b) Towards right in Northern hemisphere and towards left in Southern hemisphere.
(c) Towards right in both the hemisphere.
(d) Towards left in both the hemisphere.
59. Which one of the following atmospheric layers absorb ultraviolet rays of the sun? (SSC CGL 2013)
60. The drainage pattern developed on folded sedimentary rock is termed as(SSC CGL 2013)
61. Which one of the following is not a line of demarcation between two countries ? (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) Durand Line
(b) Mac Mahon Line
(c) Plimsoll Line
(d) Maginot Line
62. Water potential remains lowest in (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) Water plants
(b) Woody plants
63. The free living bacterium in the soil which increases the the yield of rice is (SSC CGL 2013)
64. Frontal cyclones occur characteristically in (SSC CGL 2013)
(a) Equatorial region
(b) Tropical region
(c) Mid-latitudinal region
(d) Polar region
65. "Yosemite" is a (SSC CGL 2013)
Hope the post serves you! If you want a post on any particcular topic, feel free to mention in the comment section.